The number of people using health and wellness apps increased by 27% in 2020 and the total number of active users is expected to exceed 84 million by 2022. The surge in popularity is not limited to fitness apps, but also calming meditation and sleep apps, which have been downloaded more than 60 million times in 2020 alone, up from 20 million in 2019.
This article gives you everything you need to know about health care apps for android , including key features and best practices for each category of app you use. When developing and promoting your wellness app, it is important to understand features that keep users happy for a longer period of time, increases value in life (LTV) and helps them achieve their personal goals.
The COVID-19 pandemic and health apps:
It is impossible to discuss the state of the health and fitness app industry without discussing the enormous impact of COVID-19 on customer behaviour. Health and wellness apps are more common than ever, especially during the Covid 19 pandemic. Health and wellness treatments have also gained popularity during the pandemic.
The pandemic has led to a 25% increase in downloads of health apps, and downloads of mental health apps have increased by 200%. The worldwide average increase in downloads is 65 percent. Medical app downloads have increased 135 percent in South Korea, 90 percent in India, 90 percent in Spain, and 65 percent worldwide.
The growing popularity of health and fitness apps is not a one-off event caused by closures, according to new research. Instead, people are more willing to return to their gyms: in July, the number of sessions rose 61 percent year-on-year.
Here are a few app suggestions to choose from the variety of apps available in the store.
- Fitness and sports apps: These are apps that provide nutrition information to users and are often sold as weight loss apps. These apps include calories counters, teaching materials and nutrition requirements.
- Stress-relieving apps:Meditation and relaxation apps are designed to help users meditate and help users with pre-recorded therapy sessions that help with sleep, anxiety and general well-being
- Sleep apps include apps that monitor sleep patterns and incorporate features that help users improve their sleep and share analysis in some sleep apps, audio recordings can detect disturbed sleep and sleep monitoring can be used to create a standard sleep plan.
- Health apps can be used to schedule and track appointments and medications. Healthcare apps allow users to communicate with medical companies such as pharmacies and hospitals.
- You can also use apps such as push reminders to help users achieve their goals.
- User Analytics can help you re-engage users and keep them on your platform for a longer period.
- Wellness apps that connect to wearable devices often include a feature that monitors the user’s heart rate. This can be beneficial for users who want to know how their exercise or diet changes affect their heart rate.
- An essential feature of diet and nutrition apps can be extended by a barcode scanner. It saves users time by encouraging them to scan the barcode of their items for the type of food they consume.
- Food trackers are health apps that inform users when they have burned enough calories to lose weight, and when they consume enough calories, they can add weight.
- Another great way to promote user-generated content (UGC) is to use many fitness apps to promote yourself on social media.
Recommendations, including likes and favourites, are a smart way to improve the user experience by providing relevant content to users.
- Some offer a wide range of facilities. This allows users to retrieve everything they need in a single app. MyFitnessPal, for example, offers diet tracking, calorie limits, meals, and a variety of exercises and workouts. There are several functions that help users maintain their well-being and improve their performance.
- Adding more features reduces the overall quality of your user experience because it is easy to focus on a single niche and strive to be the best mobile app for that niche. This is especially true if you integrate multiple functions to ensure a positive user experience.
- Real-time tracking and analysis are also available.
- You can provide users with reports and analysis to track their activities, sessions and time. This gives users the tools they need to increase and maintain their health and overall well-being.